Pages

Friday, September 28, 2007

It's Friday!!

I love Friday! I live for the weekend and a little downtime. Holli and I will run by Wally World and get the frozen mini pizza and make those tonight for dinner. After dinner and kitchen clean up she will watch a 2 hour marathon of the Disney channel and I will retire to my bedroom and watch all the HGTV shows I taped this week. This morning she told me she had the best birthday ever. It's nice that McDonald's and a Barbie Island Princess DVD will do that for you when your 5.

Tomorrow is her birthday party. All of the regulars will be there. I am a little sad that none of her new classmates RSVP'ed that they were coming, but I am also glad - means that it's a lot cheaper for me. I hope no one decides to bring a kid that did not RSVP. I do not have any goodies for them. I only bought enough for those that said they were coming.


Holli's Dad is still being a Drama Queen (Now I know where Holli gets it from ) about coming to her birthday party. He sent some email to me about not wanting to be another face in the crowd at her party, but would be there if I wanted him to be. He prefers to just spend birthday time alone with his kids. Well this was news to me because the past 5 yrs he has never called, come by or even acknowledge her birthday. Anyway I told him he should do what he thought was best and left it at that.

Anyway, Holli's party is Disney Princess and Cinderella is the main feature. My family and friends are going to just die when they see Holli's cake. A co-workers is making her cake and I told her it's a Cinderella theme so make it princessy. Well my co-worker decided to go a step further and make a Cinderella cake. When I open the box and see blonde - blue eyed Cinderella staring back at us. Holli is going to give a leap of glee and my sister is going to ask me what happened. I had made a rule earlier that people were not allowed to buy my child any type of white doll and now I having Cinderella on a cake. I of course have bent that rule a little over the last couple of years and the Diva does have white dolls. She does know that when I buy her a doll I want it to look just like her because she is so beautiful, but I do not stop others from buying or giving. I have also bought the Strawberry Shortcake dolls, Dora and others for her.

So I am looking forward to her party and hopes Holli has a blast!

2 comments:

M. said...

Just wishing your daughter a happy birthday :-)

I found your blog via the common movie interest. I love Disappearing Acts as well.

pinkbows said...

Thank you, her party was a hit and she had a blast