Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Incident at Work/ TX BBQ and a Workout

So my weekend started a little crazy at work. We have 2 team leads who have been given power and responsibility and have let it go to their heads. For the most part they have truly left me alone and have chosen to terroize other people. Well I Friday we had training on a new program since we are going to soon merge with Harcourt. We had to be trained on their program. I was sitting next to a coworker Kim. Katherine one of the evil twosome walks into the training room loud, country and ghetto as usual and goes Robbie and Kim you two are not sitting by each other. and walks out of the room. Another co-workers goes is she joking. I say I guess so because she is not my supervisor, I am not her child and she is not going to talk to me like that. So she comes back in again all loud and says it again. I tell her I am not moving, Kim turns around and ask her why she is talking to her like that. I say I am not your child you do not talk to me like. She goes oh well I am sorry, but Kim you have got to move and stand behinds Kim's chair like she is an disobediant child until Kim moves over one seat and she then sits in between us. I am sitting in my chair fuming and then decide that I need to go to talk to our supervisor. So I explain to her what happens and you know what she says. Maybe she wanted to sit by you to make sure that you understand it. I could not believe it and asked her (my supervisor) Why would some one talk to me like I am something that they scraped off the bottom of their shoe if they were trying to help. So then her magic solution was that I move chairs and sit by another co-worker. Nope not going to happen. I did nothing wrong so I told her I was not moving and that I was professional enough to ignore her. So after the meeting our supervisor talked with her along with Katherine's partner in crime Connie (another evil little heffa) Katherine came out all swolled face. I decided to think about it over the weekend, but Monday I am writing a formal complaint and sending it to our HR dept. I seriously doubt anything will be done, but at least I feel like I am standing up for myself.


Now on to the good stuff. I am on a wonderful board called Mommy Connection where I talk to other Mom all over the US. We have a couple of members in the UK and Australia also.
Well some of the TX Mom's got together to have a BBQ since Kim's husband was on leave from Iraq. We had such a blast and Holli has a new friend named Becca. Becca is 3 yrs older than Holli but they have such a blast together. We are planning sleepovers for this summer.

Today I actually went to the gym and did a 20 minute workout on the treadmill. Yeah me. I am still not going to do any formal diet at the moment. I am just working exercising into my life. Next month I plan to work on food.

Well that's it for now

No comments: