Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Suga's , The Tiara and Happy Easter

Holli went to stay with my Mom for her Spring Break this year. She’s in daycare so she truly does not have a spring break, but she hears other people talking about and decided she needed one also. I took her to my Mom’s house on Sunday March 17 and decided to stay for awhile and talk to my Mom before she went to pick up my little sister.

Holli walks up to me and goes…

Holli – Mom I thought you said I was staying at Suga’s by myself
Me- You are Sweetie
Holli- Then why are you still sitting on Suga’s couch. Its nighttime outside
Me- Holli I know it’s nighttime. I am talking to my Mom and when I get thru I am going to go home
Holli- but when

Little Heffa. She had a great time at Suga. On Tuesday she started to cry for me so I went to pick her up. She told my Mom she had lots of fun and wants to come back, but she missed her Mom. Just when I am ready to put her out of the house she goes and says something like that.


Well the next day Holli is getting ready for school and wants to wear her St. Patrick’s Day tiara to school. I tell her she can’t take a toy to school so she can’t wear it. Without missing a beat she goes Mommy, a tiara is not a toy, its jewelry. You can wear jewelry to school. LOL yeah right kid.


Easter was kinda of a dud this year. First of all it was soooooo early. Thank God we will not be having anymore middle of March’s Easter’s for awhile. Saturday, Holli and I got up and went to the clubhouse Easter Egg Hunt; we then went to the one at the library and finished off the day with an early dinner at Chik Fila. Not to bad. Holli begged to play with the stuff in her Easter basket. So I had to give her a very firm NO and threaten to throw it away before she would stop asking. She is persistent if nothing else. Next year I am hiding the Easter stuff in my closet. I am not doing the Easter Bunny leaving the stuff at the house, but Easter goodies will not be sitting on the table for me to be asked about every single freaking day.

I had also presses Holli’s hair so this was her first Easter without Afro puffs. She looked so darling. I hate that my camera is broken. I plan to take pictures everyday once I get my camera replaced. I hate not having a camera. It is my next priority.
Anyway I digress; I woke up Easter with horrible cramping and was bloated beyond measure. I tried to wear my Easter Dress (got for $10 bucks at Goodwill – woohoo) but it was not happening. After going thru about 5 other outfits I finally decided on my black knit pants, black tank and turquoise top. Holli was in her very beautiful yellow Easter dress. We looked like Mutt and Jeff. Anyway I get to church and I was probably one of them most dressed up females. People had on jeans; it was so laid back and casual. I can’t believe I was making a big deal out of an outfit. . So we get there and because I was not feeling well. I had not started dinner. Little Caesars was closed for Easter so off we go to Wendy’s for an Easter Dollar Menu lunch. I the take a nap. Holli watches her movies and I finally find the energy to get up. We color eggs, I cook our Easter dinner and then we watch the game plan. I enjoyed it, but it was really too long for Holli. She had ever seen the ending.

So Easter was not what I was a hoping for this year. Hopefully since it is in April next year and I will not be paying off large debts we will have a really great Easter complete with an actually Easter lunch and lots of pictures.

No comments: