Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Life is short

Today I am on my way to a memorial service for my Manager's husband who died of a heart attack on his way to work. He was 48 yrs old. This is tragic in so many ways
1.he was so youg. 2.he leaves his wife and daughter behind and 3.he had just started to take care of himself. He had called his wife that morning to say that he had lost 12 lbs and his doctor was getting ready to take him off of one of his medication. I can imagine he truly thought he was on the right track and could see himself getting healthier to live a long life. You just never know what life is going to throw at you. This bring be to question my own mortality. I am feeling my 41 years with the knee injury. I had to leave the grocery store yesterday because I could not walk up and down the aisles, but I can't be the fat person drving around on the motorized scooter. I have to do something. I have to get this weigt off. I can't leave my daughter motherless because I refused to take better care of myself.

My goal at the moment is to lose weight so that I can comfortable ride all the ride sat Six Flags with Holli in March. I have 5 months and 2 days. Today after the memorial service I am going to go get a scale and load up on frozen food. I stop at fast food places because I don't feel like coming home to cook. It might be more expensive, but I can't keep putting the fried crap into my body.

No comments: