Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Yes, it Dec 3, but I figured I should post about the Turkey holiday before I move on to Christmas. I hosted Thanksgiving at my house this year. My mom and little sis (yeah she's 20 and about 5 inches taller than me, but she is the baby) came on Wednesday to spend the night. My Mom was her usual self. I sometimes wonder if she actual enjoys the holidays. I made the deserts, put the turkey on, made the cornbread, started the sweet potatoes went to bed at 2 am. Holli loved having people in the house and loved having an Auntie to tortue so that kept her occupied until bedtime. I got up at 6 am to finish cooking and cleaning and then waited for my middle sister, bro in law, niece and nephew show up. We enjoy our Thanksgiving feast and then I crashed. I remember turning on the game, my little sister getting out the games because we always play board and card games together. I sat on the couch for a minute and when I woke up it was the 4th quarter of the Cowboy game and I had missed most of Thanksgiing. I was so excited about hosting at the new house, but I was not a very good hostess. So I guess the first Thanksgiving in our new home will not go down as a memorable one. I did win 60 dollars in the football pool so it was Thanksgiving was not a total disaster. :)

No comments: