Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

5 Minute Parent-Teacher Conference & Book Fair

Today I had a Parent-Teacher conference with Ms. Dearman (I just love her) She really did not have much to say. Holli is a Kindergartner who has been at a First grade level since before Christmas. Holli is a self motivator and pretty much wants to learn, researches the subject and gives herself homework. Ms. Dearman gave me a list of words Holli should know by the end of 1st grade and then added that Holli probably knew most of them. She knew every word, but would. So her advice for me was to continue doing what I have been doing. I feel so guilty when people tell me how wonderful she is doing because I know I have really nothing to do with her being so smart.I provide the tools, but I don't sit with her or anything. I tell her to read her books and I spell out the words she does not know when she is making her 100th book of the day. I am so blessed and I hope this love of learning continues.

I also had the pleasure of working the Book Fair today. Little kids like to touch everything. EVERYTHING even if they are not buying it. They also like to talk and ask alot of questions. They also want to tell you about why they like this book. All of them. Every grade level. They are loud. I now know my child is normal in an annoying way. :) Anyway Holli was so excited I was at her school and she got to be a walker, which meant your parent picked you up or in her case she was dropped off at the library. I wish I could be home and be a volunteer at her school. I know that is important to her and I would love to be that mom. I know that would make her so happy, but that is not in the cards at the moment. Hopefully one day soon I will win some lottery money, not going to hold my breath on the husband.

No comments: