Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Well it worked for the Obama's...

My mother wants to move in with me. Yes, my Mother miss control freak herself wants to move into my home with me. How did this ever come up in the conversation? Mother's Day and I am talking to my little sister and she is graduating in December. I told her if she didn't want to move back home with Mom who has a 1 bedroom apartment that she was more than welcome to come to my house. I could fix up the toy room (enclosed 2 car garage) into a bedroom/living area for her. My little sister said since she was going to graduate school she was going to stay on or near campus.

Soooooo a week passes by and my mom wants to know if she could come stay with me and she could help out with the Diva and help around the house. I was caught off guard so I basically said I didn't care it was up to her but she needed to realize she was moving into her grown daughter's home. So we have been talking, she's nervous, I am nervous. I explained my do and don't. I told her that we were not at the house to be nurse maids, mom is notorious for getting sick or maids. I informed the Diva and she said she had to think about it after she found out she would be losing the toy room, but now she is on board, but she is not planning on moving all of her toys out of the room. She said Suga didn't care. She may not I don't know. It would be great to not have to worry about after school care or finding child care when school was closed on the other hand my mom can drive me crazy and may lock her in her room. We are still discussing it...

2 comments:

The Working Home Keeper said...

My mother moved in with us when our oldest was a baby and I returned to work. We have three kids now and she's been living with us for 6 years. It is a blessing to have her with us. It has saved us a tremendous amount in daycare and it is really convenient for date nights or if something comes up and we need to leave the kids at home. BUT, there are some days...LOL!

Good luck with your decision. And thanks for visiting my blog!

Mary Ellen

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

I am really glad that you didn't give your daughter steroids. There are so many bad side effects from that. I love the Shaklee vitamins and swear by them. I also love Carlson cod liver oil! Let me know if you have any questions about the products.
Bonnie :)