Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012

My goal for my blog for this year is to actually post something at least once a week or at least share a picture. I wanted to say every day, but seriously who am I kidding. I am writing out resolutions this year, something I never do, but I plan to follow Habakkuk 2:2. I am going to write my vision. Hope to have them up by tomorrow.

This year did start out with a bang. I woke up to a call at 6:35 am with my mom crying (she is horrible in a crisis) and her saying Tiffany. Tiffany is my 23 year old sister who went out on New Year's Eve. I sat straight up in my bed an yelled No, Mama No because of course my mind immediately went to the worse. Thank God, Thank God it was not the worse. My little sister fell coming out a club and broke her arm from the elbow to the wrist. She has to have surgery and put plates in it or she will not be able to use her left arm. I called her and she was so scared and my heart just ached. I am 21 yrs older than her and she was my first baby. I didn't give birth to her but I still have more of a mothering feeling towards her than a sister. Maybe an older Aunt or something. She definitely has part of my heart. So, now my 1st baby is in the hospital on pain medication waiting to have her surgery tomorrow morning. They need some of the swelling to go down. So if you read this please say a little prayer for her to get thru the surgery and a speedy recovery.  Well that's it for now. Diva is still Diva. She got her hair professional braided yesterday and I have not been able to get her out of the mirror AND she is waiting to use the computer. One of my goals for 2012 is to get another laptop. We both seem to want to be on the computer at the same time and I need to go start New Year's Dinner. We got our pork, corn bread and collards because you know you always eat something green on New Year's Day. I know people say black eyed peas but I truly can't stand the taste of them. I meant to get some sweet potatoes, but forgot so it won't be a traditional meal, but pretty damn close. So everyone be blessed, tell  people you love them,  and know in your heart this is going to be an awesome year.

No comments: