Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Do you always have to be the bigger person?

Anyone who knows me, knows that the Diva is the center of my world. Seriously, I put her right up there with oxygen. So it burns my ass to no end that her Father  does not care about her or maybe he does in his own way, but IMO you spend time with people you care about. So here I have this absolutely wonderful little girl and BTW not just my opinion, who has a Father who only wants to see her if he thinks he can have sex with me as a reward for playing Daddy. So yep you guessed it, he doesn't see her.  He has not seen her since May of 2011 (guilty conscious)  We have not talked since November about the insurance card he was suppose to put in the mail in October, yeah it wasn't pretty. Anyhoo...Diva's paternal grandmother gives me a call and wants me to call her. We have not talked nor has she seen her grandchild in 2 yrs. We didn't have any words or anything but after 8 yrs of ALWAYS being the one to call and ask her if she wanted to see her grandchild and the one ALWAYS taking her grandchild to see her, it just stop being important to me. So I stopped calling and I guess she has realized  after 2 yrs she hasn't talked to the Diva.  Who she thinks is this wonderful little girl or so she said the last time we talked to her. So I get a call from her and she tells me to call her that evening when I got home. My first thought was Fuck you old lady and then I felt bad because I like her, she just happened to raise an asshole of a son who thinks he does nothing wrong and she co-signs on it. She always has a ton of excuses as to why Bubba is not to blame, I guess everyone else is wrong. So I asked on my mommy board should I call and got mixed replies some said No and others said to be the bigger person. So I asked a co-worker I adore and she said why not call and just get it over with, but my questions is Why? Why do I? They walked away from us, not vice versa.
My parents MUST talk to the Diva every single week and MUST see her every month or every other month. This is what grandparents are suppose to want to do, not ignore unless you call. So Friday, I decided well if she calls again I will talk to her. The heffa ( I call everyone heffa) has called twice since then. She just left another message. UGGGHHH I hate this.  I still haven't decided what to do.

1 comment:

E said...

Only thing I can think to say is that if you do call her, be honest about how you feel. I think she needs a dose of truth. Whether she likes it or not, and what she chooses to do as a result is on her. Two years is a long damn time to pass before taking initiative to see your grandchild.