Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

24 Weeks till D-Day!

D-Day or L-Day not sure. I am being laid off. You would think as a single Mom who gets $200 bucks a month in child support I would be anxious, worried, wringing my hands and pacing the floor, but amazing it's the opposite. I have peace, optimistic, ready for the next chapter in my life. The fact that I am getting a great severance package and have so much notice to prepare doesn't hurt either. :)

I did have the option of transferring to Austin to work, but that didn't feel right in my spirit. When my daughter was little we moved alot. We moved into our current house in 2008 the year she started Kinder and I made her a promise that I would do what I could to have her graduate from her elementary school. I am doing my best to keep that promise. I have also been at my job for over 12 yrs. The longest, I have ever worked at a company and although the people and benefits are wonderful, lately I have been bored and restless at work. I really want to see what else is out there.

So now I have this countdown. My last day of work will be in November and I am guessing November 15 even though my paperwork says Nov 30.  Thanksgiving is on the 28th this year. I think we will be gone before then so I really need to get started on my bucket list for the countdown. I plan to take December off and completely chill and do not want to do it in an unorganized house so for the next 24 weeks I have on a declutter organized mission.

This weekend my goal is to get the kitchen "spring cleaned" meaning get rid of the science experiments in the fridge and get the laundry caught up.

I then plan to work on the guest room and office because I need the storage area for my upcoming garage sale in which I hope to get rid of tons of things. I think if everything is a dollar the stuff should move. I think if I make everything a dollar people will buy my crap and woo hoo all gone, if not it's getting packed up and taken to charity. The stuff will be gone in June.

After getting the house all pretty I then want to work on my  2 month (Dec-Jan) bucket list to hang out with the Diva. As a single working Mom, I am tired and cranky when I get home most nights. I really want to plan some time with her over those 2 months to make her sick of me. She is going into 5th and I am not sure she will always want to hang out with Mom.

I hope to have a wonderful update next week of a clean, science experiment free fridge.

1 comment:

Treeswife said...

Robbie im so sorry for your "D" although im very happy your positive about it. Im glad you look at things like I do as well, happy, positive and optimistic. Love that about a person. Good luck on your bucket list and happy health to you :)