Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It's Official!

I am now unemployed and ready to start a new phase in my life. I am currently focusing on getting list together of the things I need to accomplish during this transition period. I plan to tell the Diva this weekend, but I am pretty sure she already suspects some things. Mom has been real lax about getting to work the past few days. lol

I have meeting with an outsource company, provided with my severance package to help with interviewing skills, writing a resume and job leads. I am thankful for this because I know the job market has changed quite a bit in 13 yrs. I truly need help with my resume, trying to navigate this process of phone and video interviews and going back to 2 weeks of vacation. (I had 4 and I am so so sad about that). I hope to find something new with the benefits that I had before, a family friendly environment. It was never a problem to be there for my daughter.  Honestly, I want to work at home. I think that would be best for me now. I feel that would be a job that would allow me to be at my best.

During this transition, I hooked up with a group called Planner Addicts. I have met my people. I thought I was the only one that got a high from calendars and school supplies. I have always kept a calendar or planner, but this way I am finding new ways to organize my system. I am trying to keep everything in a personal on the go  planner, but may need to add 2 more to my plan. A home binder and a work binder. Obviously the work binder would be one I kept at work to keep those aspects of my life separate. I am a minimalist at heart so I am working on my system to tweak it. Hopefully I can find a happy medium.

So now I am back to lists, preparing for Thanksgiving at my home this year and giving the Diva a very Merry Christmas. I believe this is our last year for Santa Claus.

Take Care

No comments: